An inspirational and easy to follow hardback guidebook to Sustainable Gardening by Marian Boswall, with photography by Jason Ingram.
I'm not sure what happened but now that I'm in my forties, I can't help but notice I'm becoming more like my parents everyday. The biggest thing I've started doing is spending more time in the garden and actually taking pride in growing and planting!
Sustainable Garden is not only beautiful (starting with the simple but stunning Ammi Majus on the cover), but it's really easy to read and offers practical advice which is actually achievable for non-gardeners. Marian doesn't tell you what to do, but presents information so that you can make considered decisions on how to make your garden as sustainable as possible, from design and furnishings, to projects like creating your own pond using a steel bath, saving seeds, and growing vegetables for gut health. There are even tips on regenerating shop bought vegetables and getting more out of supermarket herbs (which some of you may know I'm a big fan of!)
If you'd like to hear more from Marian Boswall, check out her 10 minute TEDx Talk on how our gardens can rescue us here, where she encourages everyone to create your own personal paradise, spend a little bit of time in nature everyday, and reminds us to look after the Earth, the Planet's back garden.
- Projects, insights and advice for the eco-conscious gardener
- Inspirational photographs of real gardens
- Well laid out sections for all aspects of your garden
- Profits from the sale of this book will go to the Sustainable Landscape Foundation
- Format: Hardcover Book 160 Pages
- ISBN: 9780711267886
- Size: 6.69 in x 9.06 in / 170.00 mm x 230.00 mm
- Published: March 29th, 2022